- Hyundai now offers 11 TOP SAFETY PICK/TOP SAFETY PICK+ models in the U.S.
- Hyundai once again takes sole leadership as the most TSP/TSP+ awarded brand in the industry when equipped with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights
- Two Hyundai SUVs now have TSP+ratings
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Dec. 15, 2020 – The 2021 Hyundai Palisade SUV received a 2020 TOP SAFETY PICK+ (TSP+) award today from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). This designation now means Hyundai has most combined TSP+ and TOP SAFETY PICK (TSP)-rated vehicles in the automotive industry. Hyundai has 11 award-winning vehicles. Hyundai tied for top industry honors in Aug. and Feb. 2020 and was the leader in 2018.
“The IIHS continues to set a very high bar for Top Safety Pick awards,” said Brian Latouf Chief Safety Officer, Hyundai Motor North America. “Performing well in these tests helps keep our customers and their families safe.”
The Hyundai Palisade achieved its TSP+ rating by standardizing LED headlamps on all 2021 trim levels. All Hyundai SUV models still have TSP or TPS+ honors. When there is a model year change that improves the award from TSP to TSP+ then IIHS counts the models as two separate award winners.
Hyundai’s TOP SAFETY PICK winning cars are:
8. Hyundai Elantra – TSP with optional front
crash prevention and specific headlights
9. Hyundai Elantra GT – TSP with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights
10. Hyundai Veloster – TSP with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights
11. Hyundai Sonata – TSP with specific headlights
Hyundai’s TOP SAFETY PICK+/TOP SAFETY PICK award winning SUVs are:
1. Hyundai Venue SUV – TSP with specific headlights
2.Hyundai Kona SUV – TSP with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights
3. Hyundai Tucson SUV – TSP with optional front crash prevention and specific headlights
4. Hyundai Santa Fe SUV – TSP with specific headlights
5. Hyundai Nexo SUV – TSP+
6. Hyundai Palisade SUV – TSP+
7. Hyundai Palisade SUV (2020 Model Year) – TSP with specific headlights
Always remember to wear your seat belts and use appropriate restraints for all child passengers.
Hyundai Motor America
At Hyundai Motor America, we believe everyone deserves better. From the way we design and build our cars to the way we treat the people who drive them, making things better is at the heart of everything we do. Hyundai’s technology-rich product lineup of cars, SUVs and alternative-powered electric and fuel cell vehicles is backed by Hyundai Assurance—our promise to create a better experience for customers. Hyundai vehicles are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide and nearly half of those sold in the U.S. are built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Hyundai Motor America is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea.
Please visit our media website at www.HyundaiNews.com